Looking to fill a vacancy? Post a Classified Ad.
Contact InformationContact David Larkin, DCOS
More InformationResponsibilities: In addition to the general duties of any staff Officer, the District Staff officer for Diversity is under the immediate supervision of theDDC-L and shall be assigned all responsibilities for matters relating to diversity management.
• Will ensure that the Strategic Plan for Managing Diversity is carried out and work to drive diversity throughout the District.
• Will compile, track and review all diversity statistical information for the District and report said information to the DCOS and be the contact for all information on the NACO 3 Star Award for Excellence in Diversity.
• Will be responsible for conducting and coordinating all District level training in the areas of Diversity.
• Will work with any and all District staff for outreach, recruiting and training in all areas served.
• Will submit highlights of diversity information and best practices to District members for use and implementation as a part of member recruitment.
• Will solicit information and pass along ideas up the chain and onto the Auxiliary Diversity Leadership Council.
• Will be a role model and leader in the creation of a comprehensive approach to behavior and attitude change for all leaders.
• Promote the Auxiliary University Program (AUP) in driving age and demographic diversity through the district, helping to educate leadership as to opportunities available through AUP, working with the AUP staff to identify and cultivate growth opportunities within the district, including college-level opportunities in Auxiliary diversity outreach efforts, and referring questions and opportunities for AUP growth to the AUP staff through the diversity leadership chain.
This Ad has been viewed 7 times.Posted On 11/27/2017
Contact InformationContact David Larkin, DCOS
More InformationThe DDC-P reports to the DCOS and supervises District Staff Officers (DSO) within the Prevention Directorate. Those DSO's include MS, MT, NS, PA, PE, PV, SL, VE, Paddlecraft Program Manager and Color Guard Program Manager.
Duties and responsibilities shall be consistent with provisions of district/regional Standing Rules and Auxiliary Manual, and shall be in accordance with specific functions as defined by the DCO or designated representative.
The DDC's attend EXCOM conferences and all District Meetings.
This Ad has been viewed 6 times.Posted On 11/27/2017
Contact InformationContact Henry D. Phillips III, DSO-MT
Must be an Auxiliary member in good standing in the District 13 South area - Division 5, 6, or 7.
Must be IT qualified.
Must be familiar with the EZ Report System and have a reliable history of quality monthly postings.
MT staff officer experience preferred.
Assistant District Staff Officer for Member Training (ADSO-MT) - responsible for supporting and administering an organized plan of action to provide for Member Training in a specific region.
1. Exercise leadership and staff responsibility over matters pertaining to the Member Training Program in your region.
a. Ensure the distribution of MT training methods, aids, course materials, and other educational tools provided by National and District.
b. Support and implement effective member training in your region to ensure a solid foundation for advancing into Auxiliary leadership and mission support functions.
c. Promote informal, online and classroom leadership development training for all members.
d. Encourage member attendance at C-Schools and other formal training courses offered to Auxiliarists.
e. Promote the advantages of advanced qualifications, such as the Operational Auxiliarist Program (AUXOP) designation, and Marine Safety Specialty, Recreation Boating Safety and Air/Surface Operations certifications.
f. Coordinate and cooperate with elected and appointed flotilla, division and district officers to increase the number and skills of qualified instructors.
2. Maintain frequent communications with all levels of the Member Training staff in order to implement MT programs and encourage maintenance of uniformly high standards.
3. Maintain familiarity with all applicable manuals, instructions and other guidance to ensure you remain informed of developments in the Member Training Program.
4. Immediate supervisory responsibility over your office is vested in the District Staff Officer for Member Training. Cooperate with and keep the DSO MT informed of all developments in the Member Training Program in your region.
5. Forward to the DSO MT such methods, training aids, course materials, or other educational tools developed within your region, which may have district wide or nationwide application.
6. Gather reports from the SO-MT’s, consolidate, and report monthly to the DSO MT about the progress and status of member training in your region of responsibility.
10. Perform other duties, as may be requested/assigned.
This Ad has been viewed 39 times.Posted On 12/28/2016
Contact InformationContact DSO-FS James Dickinson
: (425) 681-7917
More InformationThe Auxiliary Food Service (AUXFS) program was established to allow specially trained Auxiliarists to relieve and/or assist Coast Guard Food Service Specialists (FSs) at shore stations, cutters, VIP events, etc. The program needs Auxiliarists who are willing to go the extra mile and make a difference.
The AUXFS certification process begins with 18-22 hours of basic food services training emphasizing food safety, sanitation, and basic food preparation. Classes are usually held at a shoreside Coast Guard galley and taught by a certified AUXFS and/or unit FS. Following the initial training, the candidate has one year to accomplish the required Performance Qualification Standards (PQSs) and gain AUXFS certification.
If you have an interest in cooking as well as a desire to support the Active Duty Coast Guard, please give the AUXFS program some consideration. For more information, please contact DSO-FS James Dickinson at email@example.com or (425) 681-7917. An informational AUXFS video is also available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=361L4AR5c78.
This Ad has been viewed 92 times.Posted On 11/09/2016